Are You Coachable?
“Goal-driven, action-oriented coaching”
"What life means to us is determined not so much by what life brings to us
as by the attitude we bring to life."
— Lewis Dunnington
- Is coaching for you?
- Why hire a coach?
- What kind of commitment is required?
- What makes a great coaching client?
- Is there a quick, easy way to be coached?
- Coaching Quick Quiz
You may be interested in coaching, and I certainly am interested in coaching you, but the gap between interest and a firm commitment is vast. I won’t try to sell you on coaching; either you want to be coached, or you don’t. Either you can afford it, or you can’t. Some people aren’t willing to devote the necessary resources for personal development, and I respect that. There isn’t any sense paying for a service you’re resistant to use or can’t afford. Take the Coaching Quick Quiz to see if you are coachable.
- Improve your self-image
- Take control of your life
- Reduce destructive self-criticism
- Accomplish more than you ever dreamed possible
- Trigger positive thoughts and emotions
- Take action in difficult situations
- Attain peace of mind
- Attract positive relationships
- Put great ideas to work
- Develop your natural talents and abilities
Like everything else in life, the results you get from coaching are largely determined by the effort you’re prepared to put into it! Here are five tips to help determine if you are ready for a coach:
- You have an open-minded willingness to change
- You are ready to devote time and energy to make things happen
- You can firmly committed to our collaboration
- You develop a clear idea of the desired outcome
- You can financially afford the service
I thoroughly enjoy coaching people who recognize that continual improvement can help them make intelligent decisions about future steps.
- My clients exhibit awareness, motivation, and a strong desire for self-improvement.
- My clients are fully willing to do the necessary work required without sabotaging the effort.
- My clients come to coaching because they want to know how to get more out of themselves without wasting many hours, even years, functioning below their potential.
- My clients bring to each session a desire to get things done. Perhaps they wish merely to talk through an issue or articulate a goal, with minimal support from me. Maybe they want to increase their chances of success by employing a variety of strategies and are looking for feedback, support, and inspiration. Perhaps they are simply looking to develop additional knowledge. In each case, resolution of a personal challenge is what my clients seek.
As any good poker player knows he cannot play every hand and expect at the end of the evening to come out ahead. It takes skill, various strategies and thinking about the future to eventually come out a winner. My coaching does not offer a secret, formulaic quick-fix for people who hope “something” will eventually happen. Rather, it provides a safe, guilt-free, nonjudgmental environment that requires active involvement, motivation, and personal responsibility on the client’s part.
“In my career as a graphic designer and artist, I’m familiar with the occurrence of creative blocks. They vary in intensity and length of stay. They are a great emotional disturbance—always unwelcome for the increased depression and stress they bring along. Bruce’s attentive listening and well-directed thoughtful questions helped me focus and look to myself for answers, some of which I have found as I continue the search. Currently, I am happily working and wish to express my sincere appreciation and thanks to Bruce for sharing his professional expertise.”
Port Angeles, WA
As your coach, I will need to you to be at the place in life where you are coachable. This simple but effective assessment will help both of us discover if you are ready.
Simply click the number that comes closest to representing how true the statement is for you. When you have finished, click the “Total Score” button below. Next, compare your score with the key to discover how coachable you are.